Privacy and cookie statement BTFL LIVING
This privacy statement describes how BTFL Living NV, based in Brasschaat, collects and processes your (special) personal data.
Via BTFL LIVING, privacy-sensitive data, or personal data, is processed. BTFL LIVING considers the careful handling of personal data to be of great importance. Personal data is therefore carefully processed and secured by us. This means that:
- we clearly state for what purposes we process personal data; we do so through this privacy statement;
- we limit the collection of personal data to only the personal data necessary for legitimate purposes;
- we first ask you for consent to process your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
- we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and require the same from parties processing personal data on our behalf;
- we respect your right to request your personal data for inspection, correction or deletion at your request.
Your data is safe with us and we will always use it correctly. In this privacy statement, we will explain all the things we do with your personal information.
If you have any questions, or want to know exactly what we keep track of, please contact us.
Booking request and reservation
When you place a reservation request with us, we use your personal data to handle it properly.
If you end up renting accommodation through BTFL LIVING ('a booking'), we also use your personal data to process that booking and carry out the resulting obligations. We also share your personal data with the lessor/owner of the accommodation to enable them to fulfil the reservation.
We use the following data for the purposes stated in this privacy statement:
- Contact details
- Phone number
- Invoice address
- Email address
- Payment details (bank account number)
Contact form and Newsletter
The contact form allows you to ask us questions or make requests. For this purpose, we use your name, phone number and/or email address. We need these to be able to contact you. We keep this information until we are sure you are satisfied with our response and 12 months thereafter. That way, when you have follow-up questions, we can easily pull out the information. It also allows us to train our customer service to become even better.
You can subscribe to our newsletter. In it, you will read news, tips and information related to our services. You can cancel this subscription at any time. Every newsletter contains an unsubscribe link. Your email address will be added to the list of subscribers only with your permission.
We keep statistics on the use of our website and services.
A session cookie allows us to see which parts of the website you have viewed. This allows us to adapt our service as much as possible to the browsing behaviour of our visitors. These cookies are automatically deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
You can disable the setting of cookies via your browser, but some parts of our website will then no longer work properly.
Our website includes buttons to promote ("like") or share ("tweet") web pages on social networks such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. These buttons work through snippets of code that come from Facebook, Instagram and Twitter respectively themselves. Cookies are placed by means of this code. We have no control over this. Please read the privacy statements of Facebook, Instagram and Twitter respectively (which may change regularly) to read what they do with your (personal) data that they process via these cookies.
We use Google Analytics to track how visitors use our service. We have entered into a processing agreement with Google. This contains strict agreements on what they are allowed to keep. We have not allowed Google to use the Analytics information obtained for other Google services. We have Google anonymise IP addresses.
More information about cookies?
You can find more information about cookies on the following websites:
- Consumentenbond: “What are cookies?”
- Consumentenbond: “Delete cookies”
Personal data security is of great importance to us. We have taken appropriate security measures to limit misuse of and unauthorised access to personal data. In particular, we take the following measures:
- access to personal data is protected by a user name and password;
- we take physical measures for access protection of the systems in which personal data are stored;
- our (technical) equipment and infrastructure suppliers comply with applicable ISO standards;
- we use secure connections (Secure Sockets Layer or SSL) that shield all information between you and our website when you enter personal data.
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party websites connected to our website by links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data reliably or securely. We recommend that you read the privacy statements of these websites before using them.
Changes to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes.
Access, modify or delete your data
If you have any questions or want to know what personal data we hold, you can always contact us. See contact details below.
In addition, you have the following rights:
- get an explanation of what personal data we have and what we do with it;
- access to the exact personal data we hold;
- having errors corrected;
- having personal data deleted;
- withdrawal of consent;
- object to a particular use.
You may exercise the above rights, and any other right you may have under applicable privacy laws, by sending a request to do so to email@example.com. We will comply or otherwise respond to your request as soon as possible, but in any case within 4 weeks.
File a complaint
If you feel we are not helping you in the right way or not handling your personal data in the right way, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the regulator. This is the Personal Data Authority.
BTFL LIVING NV